Monday, September 20, 2010

All because two people fell in love...

Was it love at first sight. Probably not. We were both a little intoxicated. Ok. A little more then a little intoxicated...

John and I met a few days before Christmas, 2006. My friend, Kylie, and I had made the trip to Penrith to go clubbing at Bloc (wait, it gets classier.)

Kylie has started talking to some boy who was in the army. He then came up to me and said "You should talk to my friend, he is in the air force." He introduced me to John and we started talking. John told me wonderful stories about being in the airforce, based in Albury. We exchanged numbers at the end of the night, and planned to meet up with the boys again the next night.

Saturday night, he continued the "airforce" story and it wasn't until our first "official" date 4 days later that I found out he was actually a mechanic. (By that time, his eyes had suckered me in)

We had our up and downs throughout the last almost 4 years. We have travelled overseas together, (trust me, you learn how much you love someone when you have a panic attack in a third world country) made big purchases together (I'm still convinced the playstation 3 was a mistake) and become adults together, living with each other for the past 12 months.

Every single day I discover another reason why I love him. I have never met someone who understands me like he does, or someone who I can read like an open book. I have never met someone who makes me feel so comfortable, confident and alive. I have never met someone who can make me laugh, who can challange me and who can annoy me, all at the same time.

I truly believe that this is what it feels like to have found your soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment